Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Week In Review

It has been pretty busy the past week since I got back from Virginia...

Last week was my re-cert week at work. I have one of those jobs where they actually let me carry a gun sometimes, so once a year I have to qualify. That being said, you all are safe...I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I also have one of those jobs where sometimes, I might be expected to "rassle"...so we learned new and exciting techniques for that.  We also learned how to do "burpees"...I'ma big girl, but surprisingly enough, burpees are now my favorite exercise. They require little to no coordination and can be done pretty much anywhere.

Something new this year, we had training on Wellness and Fitness which included a 12 exercise circuit that we completed in 30 minutes. All the exercises are simple but effective and as our instructors pointed out, could be done in the privacy of your own home, no equipment needed. As it stands, my weight- loss journey is kinda at a standstill, but we will be picking up the Weigh-In Wednesday series again ...soon...I hope!



#whatwhat  #20bucksinmypocket

Friday was my only day off and payday so I visited my favorite thrift shop, Dorcas Thrift Shop...and as always found a few goodies.  I found a lovely cross-stitch pattern, 50 cents,  hand drawn on flexible canvas. I am, as you can see, happily filling it in with some pretty rainbow-variegated floss and plan on outlining it all in black to give it a stained glass look. It will be so pretty on my dresser. 

Pretty Wings

The most exciting thing though, was that this weekend, was Coco Bear and I's second anniversary. Even though I had to work, we still celebrated. He made his awesome Chicken Parmesan. I hate that he will have to wait until Thursday for his gift to arrive, but I know he will love it:) 


He says I'm hard to shop for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment